Ron Guerrier, HP CIO Ron Gillespie joins Equinix board of directors
REDWOOD, Calif., Sept. 15, 2021 -- Equinix, Inc. announced the appointment of Ron Guerrier to the board of directors of Equienix. He has appointed nine directors in the Equinix board.
Guerrier is the chief information officer at HP Inc. a career that spans more than ten years and has served as CIO of Fortune 500 corporations and government, including Toyota Motor Corporation, Express Scripts, Farmers Insurance Group As a veteran CIO, he will bring sanity to Equinix Board, as the company continues to innovate its digital infrastructure offerings globally.
The highlights/contexts of the key are not as important as the highlights.
- Guerrier is the CEO of the company's emerging technologies, a world-class IT organization that delivers and allows the highest levels of productivity for employees, contractors and partners globally. He is responsible for developing and overseeing an integrated digitization strategy across HP, with the focus on process automation and continuous process improvement, while ensuring an positive end-user experience.
- Guerrier, in the State of Illinois, served as the director of the broadband administration, the creation of a new technology system, and the rapid transformation of nearly 50,000 employees into remote workers during the COVID-19 pandemic During this role he supported 48 states and helped the State of Illinois and supported efforts in securing a monetary appropriation of $420 million to expand state-wide broadband.
- Guerrier's experience with key companies as they were transitioning to digital will enable him to provide the Equinix Board with a strong "voice of the customer" perspective. He led a team of more than 6,000 and was responsible for strategic initiatives, innovation and process improvements to improve end-user experience. During his tenure as CIO of Farmers Insurance Group, he reorganized the IT department to increase delivery.
- Guerrier began his career with Toyota Motor Corporation, where he spent 20 years, most recently as Vice President and Chief Information Officer of Toyota Financial Services. In that role, he led a team of more than 1,000 and drove digital innovations in partnership with Toyota's CMO.
- Guerrier is passionately advocating for multiple causes. He has a wide variety of leadership roles with volunteer organizations, including Junior Achievement, Habitat for Humanity, Homeboy Industries and the disaster relief organization SBP. He founded the STEM Advantage program, a nonprofit platform that aims to support underserved communities interested in STEM fields through scholarships, mentoring and internships.
- Guerrier has been earning numerous awards in his career, including the Crain's Chicago Business Tech 50 Award in 2019 and 2020, the GoldenGov: State Executive of the Year from StateScoop in 2020 and the Orbie Chicago He has led organizations recognized in the CIO 100 and the IDG Communications Digital Edge 50 awards honoring organizations excelling at digital transformation.
- Peter Van Camp, executive director of Equinix, Peter van Camp. "Ron is a seasoned business leader with more than 25 years of experience helping both businesses and government with the digital infrastructure that drives their success. He has a strong record of advocating for diversity, equity and inclusion in the tech sector. As we advance our role as the trusted advisor to our customers' digital journeys, Ron's perspective, especially through the customer lens, will be invaluable in shaping Equinix' future direction.
About Equinix Equinix is the world's digital infrastructure company. It allows digital leaders to harness a trusted platform to build the foundational infrastructure that powers their success. Equinix lets today's businesses access all the right places, partners and possibilities they need to accelerate advantage. Equinix allows them to scale with agility, speed the delivery of digital services, deliver world-class experiences and multiply their value.
Statements with a clear outlook for the future are ready for long-term results. This press release contains forward-looking statements that involve risks and uncertainties. Actual results may differ materially from expectations discussed in such forward-looking statements. The challenges of acquiring, operating and constructing IBX data centers, and developing, deploying and serving Equinix products and solutions, unanticipated costs or problems relating to the integration of companies we have acquired or will To the latest Equinix quarterly and annual reports, see the Securities and Exchange Commission, which are available on request, and published by Equindix. Equinix does not assume any obligation to update the forward-looking information contained in this press release.
SOURCE Equinix, Inc.
http://www.equinix.com/ / http/www/equny/.