New research by ISPOR Demonstrates the Power of Komodos Technology and Insights to Advance Real-World Evidence and Health Economics and Outcomes Research
May 16, 2022 - WASHINGTON
Komodo Health, the company''s technology platform, is driving the next generation of real-world evidence (RWE) research, which has been expanded through advanced analytics and technology applications like Sentinel. The company is partnering with a growing number of healthcare and Life Sciences corporations to develop the industry''s most robust and nuanced insights. A deeper understanding of the clinical and economic value of therapies has been also demonstrated today at the 2022 International Society for Pharmacoeconomics and Outcomes Research (ISPOR).
Komodo Health customers, like Veradigm, Cerner, Trinity Life Sciences, and Pfizer, have published research powered by the Komodos platform to advance the industry''s understanding of patient experiences and treatment patterns.
- Veradigm Life Sciences and Madrigal Pharma explored the epidemiology of NASH using linked data sources to better understand the association between CVD risk and fibrosis stages for NASH patients.
- Cerner Enviza (formerly Kantar Health) and Harvard Medical School studied the potential link between a common osteoporosis medication and COVID-19 risks.
- Trinity Life Sciences tracked the real-world use of cell and gene therapy a novel oncology treatment whose complexity makes it difficult to identify within traditional, siloed real-world data sources.
- Pfizer used Komodos platform to elucidate the real-world treatment patterns of monoclonal antibody therapies in cancer patients.
According to Aswin Chandrakantan, the MD, the foundational Healthcare Map and RWE applications across Life Sciences are assisting our customers reduce the cost burden on the healthcare system by providing the right treatment to the right patient more effectively.
Health Economics and Outcomes Research (HEOR) is one of Life Sciences'' fastest-growing sectors, which provides critical insight on the value and effectiveness of therapies for pharmaceutical corporations and healthcare payers. Through its Komodos technology platform, Life Sciences innovators are able to quickly introduce new therapies into the market and develop new insights on the real-world implications of therapeutic and medical therapies through accessing the industry''s most comprehensive resource for research-grade real-world data.
Customers can leverage patient-centric insights from the company''s multidimensional view of 330 million Americans in the United States, which is the basis for producing high-quality research and evidence on disease burden and healthcare outcomes. This Healthcare Map, along with information from proprietary and third-party sources, includes a total of 230 cases per patient and longer continuous enrollment, resulting in increased satisfaction scores. This Healthcare Map, based on research and findings from the healthcare map, supports the development of a broad spectrum of tools and capabilities to address care gaps,
As part of two panel discussions during the 2022 conference, Komodo Health will also be presenting onsite at ISPOR.
- On Monday, May 16 at 4:30pm ET, experts from Komodo, TriNetX, and Syneos will speak on a panel titled: Using Real-World Data To Provide Insights in the COVID-19 Crisis: Challenges and Opportunities
- On Tuesday, May 17 at 1:30pm ET, Komodo and Picnic Health will convene a discussion titled: The Empowered Patient: Driving Individual and Population Health With Data and Technology
Komodo is assisting customers with developing key findings in a range of peer-reviewed journals, apart from partnering with Life Sciences companies of all sizes to produce powerful HEOR and RWE.
About Komodo''s Health
Komodo Health is a technology platform business that combines advanced clinical information with advanced AI-powered software solutions to help users navigate the process. For more information, visit www.komodohealth.com.
Visit businesswire.com for a source version: https://www.businesswire.com/news/home/20220516005646/en/