Elon Musk declares that his Twitter transaction has been put on hold as a spam account report is reviewed

Elon Musk declares that his Twitter transaction has been put on hold as a spam account report is rev ...

Musk wrote the announcement earlier today, along with a link to a Reuters report from May 2. The information reveals that the statistics were in a company filing. Twitter claimed that fraudulent or spam accounts accounted for less than 5% of its monetizable daily active users during the first quarter.

The company is still committed to acquisition.

Musk never said precisely how he intends to verify Twitter''s findings or why he doubts them. It may be related to recent evidence that Twitter overinflated the daily active user (mDAU) count between 2019 and 2021, something it claims was done in "error."

Musk followed the announcement with a tweet confirming that he was still committed to the acquisition, but that hasn''t prevented Twitter shares from falling 15% on the back of the news, while Tesla stock was up 6%.

If Musk did not withdraw from the deal, he would still have to pay a $1 billion break fee. Bill Gates is certain that Musk''s free-speech beliefs might worsen Twitter.

Last month, Musk revealed some of his plans for Twitter. Among them, he said, less moderation he would remove Donald Trump''s prohibition from the site and open-sourcing its algorithm. Yet one of his greatest objectives is eliminating the spam, spam, and bot armies that plague the platform.

Dmitry Rogozin, the head of space agency Roscosmos, threatened Musk for providing Starlink satellites to Ukraine. "It''s been nice knowin ya,," Tesla CEO joking.

You may also like: