We at GamesBeat had a fun weekend this week. One day in-person in Los Angeles, two days virtual. These last three days have been some of the most enjoyable Ive ever had since I started writing about video games eight years ago.
If I say too much about the conference, it will be sentimental. Im talking paragraphs about how many cool people in the industry there are, about being able to be involved in something like this after years of planning, about how, yes, I met Reggie. So lets not do that for dignity.
While I landed Tiny Tina, Chinatown Detective Agency, Elden Ring, and Ghostwire Tokyo, it is a good idea to play the game on board planes, in airport meetings, and while winding down in a strange hotel room.
Several other things have happened in the industry. Diablo Immortal and an Xbox/Bethesda showcase in June. Gameloft announced a cute game called Disney Dreamlight Valley, which Im likely to sink a few hours into. Oh, and we received confirmation that Skull & Bones is actually real. On the other hand, Stray one of the games I was anticipating this year is delayed. So good take the bad with the good.
What to play this week
What''s new in the world of football?
- Vampire: The Masquerade Bloodhunt
- The Stanley Parable: Ultra Deluxe
- Nintendo Switch Sports
- Research and Destroy
New on subscription services:
- 7 Days to Die (Xbox Game Pass)
- Bugsnax (Xbox Game Pass)
- Sol Cresta (GeForce Now)
- Lost Ark (GeForce Now)
- Jupiter Hell (GeForce Now)
- Conan Exiles (GeForce Now)
- Galactic Civilizations II: Ultimate Edition (GeForce Now)
- Dune: Spice Wars (GeForce Now)
- Holomento (GeForce Now)
- Prehistoric Kingdom (GeForce Now)
- Romans: Age of Caesar (GeForce Now)
- Trigon: Space Story (GeForce Now)
- Crawl (GeForce Now)
- Sea of Craft (GeForce Now)
- Flashing Lights Police, Firefighting, Emergency Services Simulator (GeForce Now)