'Rust': Alec Baldwin presents cell phone to Santa Fe authorities
Aaron Dyer, his civil attorney in Pillsbury, Winthrop, Shaw, and Pittman, has been confirmed to The Hollywood Reporter on Friday.
The update comes on the heels of the Santa Fe County Sheriffs Office issuing a message to the media that said, even though a search warrant had been issued nearly a month before, the actor had not relinquished his device.
Baldwin said in a he posted on social media last week that he was complying with the investigation into last fall's fatal production shooting.
The sheriff's office has obtained an apology for the actor's phone and confirmed the warrant. All this information has been released from the sheriff's office on Tuesday.
On December 20, the sheriff's office was informed that the district attorney's office was in negotiations with Baldwin's lawyer to obtain consent to retrieve the cell phone and its contents and communications.
Dyer's response to the sheriff's Thursday message, according to a statement to the THR, Ever since this tragic incident, Mr. Baldwin has continued to cooperate with the authorities, and any suggestion to the contrary is simply untrue. We requested that the authorities obtain a warrant so that we could protect his privacy on other matters related to Rust, and have been working through the process.
Updated with information that Baldwin received from his cell phone on January 14, 11:14 a.m.