Best counters, weaknesses, and steps from Pokemon Go Genesect raid tips
Genesect returns to five-star raids from January 15 to January 24.
Genesect will appear in five-star raid battles again from January 15 to January 24, and each one you face this time will be equipped with a Shock Drive -- your first chance to capture this form in Pokemon Go.
Schwachstellen in Genesect
Genesect, a bug- and steel-type Pokemon, is sensitive to fire, but it does not cause quadruple damage from fire-type attacks, so you'll want to stack your team with a strong fire-type Pokemon when it comes to it.
The Best Genesect counters
If you're looking for advice, here are a few common fire-type Pokemon to use when attempting Genesect:
The fire is causing havoc in the paraphrases.
- Mega Charizard X/Y: Fire Spin, Blast Burn
- Arcanine: Fire Fang, Flamethrower
- Moltres: Fire Spin, Overheat
- Mega Houndoom: Fire Fang, Flamethrower
- Entei: Fire Fang, Overheat
- Magmortar: Fire Spin, Fire Punch
- Heatran: Fire Spin, Flamethrower
- Darmanitan: Fire Fang, Overheat
- Chandelure: Fire Spin, Overheat
- Reshiram: Fire Fang, Overheat
Genesect's best moves are to take some risk.
Genesect is one of the most popular Pokemon in the game, and if you want to leverage its offensive strength, then you can replace it with Fury Cutter to make it more effective against psychic Pokemon.
Genesect leaves raids at 10 a.m. local time on January 24, when it will be replaced by the legendary Pokemon Regice. In the meantime, be sure to check out our for more information on this month's in-game events and activities.