Global Licensed Sports Merchandise Market Report 2022: The United States Market is expected to reach $5.4 billion in 2021, while China is expected to reach $4.1 billion by 2026
DUBLIN, Jan. 14, 2022 /PRNewswire/ -- This report has been added to ResearchAndMarkets.com's offering.
By the year 2026, the global Licensed Sports Merchandise Market will reach US$27.2 billion.
In 2026, the global market for Licensed Sports Merchandise is projected to reach a new high of US$27.2 Billion, with a CAGR of 3.4% projected for the end of the analysis period. Apparel & Footwear, one of the segments analyzed in the report, is expected to increase at a 4% CAGR to US$10.4 Billion.
The Toys & Games segment has grown to a 3% CAGR for the next seven years, thanks to the overwhelming population's desire to exercise regularly.
The sports toys & accessories segment is expected to expand rapidly due to advances in technology like 3D printing in a range of sports accessories, causing an increased number of sports balls, keychains, and team flags.
Sports merchandise sales are growing, thanks to the government's desire to promote sports events.
The rise in sports participation has resulted in an increase in physical activity, which is conducive to increased demand for licensed sports brands. The expansion of sports to different countries and the proliferation of media coverage for different sports have resulted in a market growth in sports merchandise.
The creation of several sporting leagues and increased fan participation has resurrected the sport sector, paving the way for sports enthusiasts to compete in a variety of sports goods.
The US Market is estimated at $5.4 billion in 2021, while China is expected to reach $4.1 billion by 2026.
The Licensed Sports Merchandise market in the United States is expected to expand to US$5.4 billion in the year 2021, surpassing a CAGR of 2.4 percent in the forecast period.
Japan and Canada are among the most notable geographic markets in the country, with each growth expected to grow at about 2.9% CAGR and the Rest of Europe's market (as defined in the study) will reach US$1.4 billion by the end of the analysis period.
The rising demand for sports goods and licensed sports merchandise is boosting North America's market share.
Due to the growing popularity of international sports among teenagers, and the increasing adoption of cross-culture trends, Asian-Pacific is expected to spur the market growth of licensed sports merchandise in the Asia-Pacific region.Accessories & Gifts Segment will reach $5 billion by 2026
According to the analysis period, in the global Accessories & Gifts segment, USA, Canada, Japan, China, and Europe will produce a 3.3% CAGR forecast for this segment. These regional markets accounting for a combined market size of US$2.8 Billion in the year 2020 will reach a projected size of US$3.6 Billion.
MARKET OVERVIEW: I. METHODOLOGYII. MARKET OVERVIEW:
- Impact of COVID-19 Pandemic and Looming Global Recession
- 2020: A Year of Disruption & Transformation
- As the Race between the Virus & Vaccines Intensifies, Where is the World Economy Headed in 2021?
- Social Distancing, Restrictions on Tourism, and Decimated Consumer Confidence Bring Down the Sports Goods Industry
- Impact of COVID-19 Pandemic on Licensed Sports Merchandise
- COVID-19's Impact on the Licensed Sports Apparel Industry
- An Introduction to Licensed Sports Merchandise
- Global Market Prospects & Outlook
- Sports Apparel & Footwear: The Leading Product Type
- Online Sales of Licensed Sports Merchandise Poised for High Growth
- Developed Regions Lead, Developing Economies to Boost Long-term Growth
- Recent Market Activity
2. SELECT PLAYERS FOCUS (Total 62 Featured)
- eBay Inc.
- Everlast Worldwide, Inc.
- Knights Apparel, Inc.
- Li Ning Company Limited
- Newell Brands
- Nike, Inc.
- Prada SpA
- PUMA SE
- Quick Silver, Inc.
- Ralph Lauren Corporation
- Sports Direct International PLC
- VF Corporation
3. MARKET TRENDS & DRIVERS
- Focus of Brands on Curbing Counterfeiting of Sports Goods Drives Market Growth
- Rise in Number of Sports Enthusiasts and Growing Participation in Sports & Fitness Activities Fuels Demand for Licensed Products
- Rising Investments in Sports Licensing Worldwide: Opportunity for Growth
- Booming Online Retail Sector Presents Lucrative Opportunities for Licensed Sports Merchandise
- Continuous Growth in Number of Sports Leagues Augurs Well for the Market
- Expanding Entertainment Industry Drives Trend Towards Marketing of Sports as Entertainment
- Popularity of Athleisure Spurs Growth Outlook for Licensed Sports Merchandise
- Licensing Needs a Shot in the Arm in Sports Footwear Market
- Licensed Sports Video Games Poised for Strong Growth
- Merchandise Stores Adapt to the New Normal to Revive Sales
- Conventional Sponsorship Deals Likely to Become License-Focused
- Growing Role of NFTs in Sports Licensing
- Regulatory Frameworks for Sporting Events and Sports Leagues/Teams Impact Market Dynamics
- Widespread Implementation of Effective Sports Marketing Strategies to Drive Gains for Merchandise Sales
GLOBAL MARKET ANALYSISIV. COMPETITION
- Total Companies Profiled: 62
For more information about this report visit the e-newsletter.
Laura Wood, Senior Manager for E.S.T Office Hours Call +1-917-300-0470 For GMT Office Hours Call +353-1-416-8900 Fax (outside United States): +353-1-481-1716
SOURCE Research and Markets