WASHINGTON, Dec. 22 - The US on Wednesday barred the two former government officials and their immediate families from entering, citing suspicions of involvement in significant corruption.
The statement said that in an announcement, the former minister of Maltese Joseph Muscat's former boss of staff, Keith Schembri, and former energy minister Konrad Mizzi are targets.
"In particular, credible information from an underpriced scheme led to the award of a government contract to construct a power plant and related services," says Dr. Price.
No one could reach for comment for the sum of slap with Schembri and Mizzi representatives. The government in Malta has no immediate comment.
In 2020 revealed that an offshore company called 17 Black Limited made millions by profiting from a wind farm project purchased by the Maltan-based state energy company Enemalta, a 2015 wind farm project in Montenegro.
The purchase came after several trips with Mizzi to Montenegro.
The spokesman for Mizzi and Schembri wrote in a spokesman issued an email showing the two men to get payments from 17 Black, without specific requirements.
Mizzi and Schembri have denied any wrongdoing.
Reuters had earlier established that the owner of Black 17 was the wealthiest businessmen in Malta, Yorgen Fenech. He was accused in 2019 of ordering the murder of Maltese journalist Daphne Caruana Galizia who was looking into the firm. Fenech has denied the accusation and is waiting for trial.
Our standards are the same: Our standards.