Monaco's princess Charlene won't take part in public duties later this week - whether in the principality's national day celebrations or the capital court's national day celebrations later this week - while she's ill, palace said on Tuesday.
Charlene had said that she would convalesce in a secret location and resume her public duties only once her health allowed it.
"Our Serene Highnesses have both decided that a period of calm and rest is necessary to restore Princess Charlene's health", the palace said.
"After years of struggle and suffering from poor health," the Princess has said in a report. "Although the Princess has been having a convalescing battle over the past few months, the Princess is now doing so for the next few weeks," it added.
Charlene, who was married in 2011 to Prince Albert in an extravagant ceremony, returned to Monaco last week after spending many years in South Africa. read more more.
She left for South Africa in the mideast sparked speculation about a rift potential in a royal couple - a claim that a family denied.
The princess was admitted to South African hospital in September for treatment for a ear, nose and throat infection which forced her to collapse.
Monaco's National Holiday is on Nov. 19.