Hot topics | Coronavirus pandemic

After a kitchen fire near Ann Arbor, 1 adult, and 3 children were treated for smoke inhalation after battling cigarette smoke

After a kitchen fire near Ann Arbor, 1 adult, and 3 children were treated for smoke inhalation after battling cigarette smoke

When a fire broke out in their Pittsfield Township home, one adult and three children were treated for smoke inhalation.

Fire crews were called at 9:43 p.m. According to the Pittsfield Township Fire Department, a structure fire occurred at the Golfside Lake Apartment complex in the 2300 block of Woodridge Way on Tuesday, Oct. 12.

Arriving crews could smell smoke in the area, bringing them to an apartment where an active smoke alarm could be heard, according to officials.

Fire crews forced the door open after receiving no response from anyone inside and saw smoke billowing to the floor, according to officials.

Firefighters searched the apartment and found an adult and two children, who were rescued from the building and treated at the scene for smoke inhalation, according to officials.

The fire was caught coming from the kitchen stove and was quickly put out, according to officials, with the apartment only showing minor smoke and damage.

The Ann Arbor Fire Department assisted at the scene.

More from MLive:

Police searching for missing Ann Arbor teenager are searching the city's police department for a missing teenager.

Ann Arbor defends COVID vaccine mandate on a 19-page document in court.

The Eastern Michigan University fraternity is under fire in a sexual assault case. The lawsuit seeks to dismiss the lawsuit.

You may also like: