According to the NTSB website, the crash occurred at Cape Air on a speed and weather basis

According to the NTSB website, the crash occurred at Cape Air on a speed and weather basis ...

According to a preliminary study from the National Transportation Safety Board, if he was on the ground, the Cape Air flight was traveling a little faster than it should be before it landed in savage near the end of the runway at Provincetown Municipal Airport in heavy rain earlier this month.

According to the NTSB statement released Wednesday, the pilot and six passengers were seriously injured in the Cessna 402 twin-engine crash on Sept. 9, which left Logan International Airport in Boston just after 3 p.m. with a flight plan calling for instrument use because of decreased visibility.

According to the report, Visibility in Provincetown was 3 miles, amid heavy rain and mist, with a ceiling of clouds about 500 feet above ground.

According to the report, the Cessna sparked a splash as it approached the runway when the plane reached Provincetown at 3:30 p.m. Airport surveillance video shows it was raining heavily when it reached provincetown just before 1:30 h. The Ces'snos created opulence as they came into contact with the ground. The plane had a tailwind, according to the windsock of the airport, seen in the video.

Cape Air did not respond immediately to a request for comment Wednesday evening, and it was not immediately available.

According to the report, the pilot of the Cessna, whose identity was not disclosed, is certified as a commercial and transport pilot and tyranny instructor and has reported 147 flight hours, including 10,000 hours in the cesssa 402, according to rumors. On April 2, the pilot received a Federal Aviation Administration first-class medical certificate, which includes vision, hearing, equilibrium, and overall health tests, on April 2.

Another Cape Air pilot who was waiting on a runway for the Cessna to land said its pilot contacted him by radio to inquire if the airport lights were turned on, according to the report. According to the document, the pilot on the ground said that the lights were on, rain was dropping, and visibility had improved.

The plane was set to land at 3:27 p.m., and the pilot on the ground noticed it was moving a little faster than it should be, according to the NTSB, when it reached roughly halfway down the 3,502-foot-long runway. The pilot claimed that the Cessna would not have enough space to stop before it was out of runway, according to the pilot.

The plane then jumped off the runway, and the pilot noticed it seemed to be climbing more slowly than it should have been, according to the report.

The airplane blew up localizer antennas at the far end of the runway, then the perimeter fence, before hitting trees, NTSB investigators said. The airplane sped up into the trees, and he saw a ball of flames.

According to the report, The Cessna came to a stop about 200 feet past the spot where it first hit trees, with parts of both wings destroyed by fire after impact.

Jeremy C. Fox can be reached by email at Follow him on Twitter @jeremycfox.

You may also like: