Many businesses are facing the challenge of introducing new hybrid workspaces that combine the convenience of working from home and the convenience of attending an office in person.
Teleworking, as many business and IT executives recognize, has its drawbacks. Questions have been asked throughout the weeks: how can you ensure efficient management of workload and employee performance in a decentralized environment? What will hybrid work have an impact on corporate culture and employees' sense of belonging?
Lenovo has developed a report titled "People-Centered Information to Drive IT Vision." Smarter technological solutions for connected work," in which it is analyzed how the new work spaces should be and the tools that are placed in the hands of the employees to keep the workers in the center.
The report summarizes the results of a Reach3 survey titled "The future of work" conducted between June 24 and July 19, 2022, which involved 5,901 employees and IT leaders from 12 countries.
- Employees want their work to be more meaningful. IT must lead with a vision and purpose.
- IT leaders prepare to return to the office and express concern about the potential negative impacts on the employee experience.
- The priorities of companies in their digital transformation change continuously. IT doesn’t know where to focus resources, given the onslaught of new responsibilities and business goals.
Lenovo offers three key conclusions that may aid firms in developing an IT strategy that promotes that sense of belonging in these new hybrid environments while allowing technology managers to make the most of their resources.
- Bet on sustainability: Developing a sustainability strategy that spans the entire product life cycle reduces the environmental impact of IT equipment.
- Bet on teamwork: With smarter strategic setup and collaboration tools, IT leaders create an equitable meeting experience for all.
- Bet on the service: everything-as-a-service solutions are very interesting for today’s IT leaders. Trusting a partner with complete IT management and remote support allows internal teams to focus on more strategic projects, as well as making it easier to upgrade and scale hardware over time.
The whole report is available for your convenience. It's time to make the most of the opportunities it offers, powered by a people-centric philosophy and advanced technology solutions.