The wicked have no time left, especially for the pioneers of survival horror.
No, this is not referring to Resident Evil, but to Alone In The Dark (from the 90s PC gaming era). Harbour is Edward Carnby, while Comer is Emily Hartwood; together, they investigate the mysterious and possibly haunted mansion of Derceto.
Pieces Interactive, a Swedish studio founded by THQ, will release the game on 25 October, in time for Halloween. The game is planned for PC, PlayStation 5, and Xbox Series; there's a demo of it right now, called Grace in the Dark.
Alone in the Dark was released in 1992, but the series was rebooted in 2008 by Atari. This is the second time in 2023 that the film will feature Edward Carnby as the protagonist.
Below are a list of features and a trailer.
- See Emily and Edward brought to live by the Hollywood talent of Jodie Comer (Killing Eve, Free Guy) and David Harbour (Stranger Things, Black Widow), who lend their voices, their appearance, and their formidable acting skills to the protagonists.
- Explore Derceto Manor in this reimagination of Alone in the Dark, a love letter to the 90’s cult classic horror game.
- Return to the roots of psychological horror and experience an atmospheric journey worthy of the game that started the genre.
- Dive into a world full of sounds that make your skin crawl with a haunting, yet mesmerizing doom jazz soundtrack.
- Enjoy the thrill of desperate survival in a world where reality starts to crumble, evil lurks in every shadow and ammunition is scarce.
- Experience this nightmare from either Emily Hartwood’s or Edward Carnby’s perspective and unearth the dark secrets of a gothic mansion.
- Immerse yourself in a deep psychological story that goes beyond the realms of the imaginable, by Mikael Hedberg, cult horror writer of SOMA and Amnesia.