Apex Legends Update 2.20 has been released by Respawn Entertainment for the Sun Squad Collection event! Players may expect gameplay tweaks, new cosmetic items, new store items, and more. Read on to discover everything new in the Apex Legends March 28 patch notes, as well as a glossary of new content.
In the Sun Squad Collection Event, it's time to catch and shoot some rays.
Check out Ash's "Strongest Link" Heirloom to see if you can handle the heat in a new limited-time mode Heatwave.
Is the sun out? Guns out in the Sun Squad Collection event featuring a brand new limited-time mode that turns up the heat on Battle Royale, 24 limited-time cosmetics including Legendary skins for Fuse, Mirage, and others, and the debut of Ash's "Strongest Link" Heirloom.
HEATWAVE IS A NEW LIMITED-TIME MODE
HEATWAVE is a new limited-time mode that increases the intensity of the Apex Games. However, you should be cautious about Heatwaves that occur throughout the match. If you're caught outdoors, just sliding cools you down.
Keep an eye out for Care Packages. It's possible that there is a better way to protect yourself from the sun's UV rays and look cool while doing it. But you'll need to get started on March 28th to learn more.
COLLECTION OF THE SUN SQUAD EVENT ITEMS
24 new limited-time cosmetics, including Legendary skins for Ash, Mirage, Fuse, and more!
For the entire duration of the event, all 24 items will be available in exchange for Apex Coins or crafting metals, as well as in Sun Squad Collection Event Apex Packs.
Ash's "Strongest Link" Heirloom will be automatically activated if you unlock all of them before the event concludes!
Up to 1,600 points can be earned per day, and challenges will be refreshed every day. All of these challenges are also compatible with your Battle Pass, so you may complete many challenges at the same time.
TAB OF THE STOCK
Explore limited-time offers in the Store tab, including the Sub-Mirage or the Shoreline Savior Bundles available March 28th to April 11th only, or Lifeline's Breach and Clear Bundle only available April 4th to April 11th.
NOTES ON THE PATCH
CRAFTING IN WAPONS
- EVA-8 enters the replicator
- 30-30 Repeater enters the replicator
- Longbow DMR returns to the floor
- Volt SMG returns to the floor
UPDATE ON LEGENDS
Ash – Arc Snare
- Cooldown decreased from 25s to 20s
- Travel speed increased from 700 to 1200
- Tether activation delay and snare grow time decreased by about 50% (The Arc Snare will more reliably hit intended targets)
LIFE IN QUALITY
- Hide in-world item UI’s when aiming down the sight
- Hide in-world crafting UI’s in the center of the screen when aiming down the sight
FIXES OF BUG
- [Perks] Extended Supply Bins will more reliably give survival items in some cases when they are needed.
- [Perks] Weapon Supply Bins will more reliably give attachments to teammates in specific edge cases.
- [Perks] Both Weapon and Extended Supply Bins no longer spawn in close proximity to Bins of the same type.
- Fixed a bug where re-rolling Daily Challenges would not produce the intended result of providing a non-mode dependent challenge.
- Fixed issue with players experiencing a loud start-up noise when starting a Team Deathmatch game with reactive weapon skin equipped.
- [Seer] Fixed bug where Seer could always see enemies with his passive since the UI updates to the minimap.
- [Octane] Fixed the bug where players could not cycle their weapons when using the Stim tactical while on a zipline.
- [Pathfinder] fix for cases when landing onto a Jump Pad after using any length grappling hook will cause it to go extended cooldown.
- Fix for cases where players could not reload their gun when standing close to Wattson’s Pylon and aiming at it.
- [Xbox Series X Only] Fixed a bug with chat messages where the first message would not be received by the other party member who is on Xbox.
- Reduced the smoke VFX for Peacekeeper’s “Frostbite” reactive skin for better visibility in low-light areas.
- [DX12] Fixed bug where the player’s crosshairs would be disabled when Anti-Aliasing is set to ‘None’ and Aspect Ratio is not native.
- [DX12] Game no longer letterboxes when the aspect ratio is greater than 16:0 (in DX12, windowed)
- Fix for cases where the minimap would show a completely different location for Crypto when using the drone.
We'll be sure to notify our readers when the patch comes up tomorrow.