Blizzard Entertainment has released a surprise Diablo 4 beta update 1.04 (PS5 version 1.004), which should be focused on issues early access players encountered last week. Read on to find out what you should know about the Diablo 4 beta update on March 24.
- Related Reading: Diablo 4: Ashava The Pestilent World Boss Guide
Size: 410MB (PS5)
Blizzard hasn't announced the patch yet, but we do know one of the biggest differences from the last week's beta to the next weekend's, and that's the addition of two new playable classes!
Blizzard has shared the following list of known issues with the Diablo 4 beta:
- If the player triggers the Lorath introduction cutscene while the world is in daylight, the player’s and Lorath’s shadows will shimmer in-game until the Prologue is complete. This issue will not occur if the player skips the cutscene.
- In-game voice chat may not function correctly for all players.
- Performance optimizations are still in progress. Players may encounter some performance issues, particularly on older hardware across different platforms.
- The ‘Play’ tab at the top of Character Selection is clickable but currently does not lead to another menu in the beta.
- During the beta players will be able to select from a wide variety of work-in-progress “Text Language” options beyond English. English will be the only available option for “Spoken Language” during the beta, but other languages will be available at launch.
- Player 2 may experience issues joining games with a pre-existing hero while playing couch co-op during the Prologue.
- Players playing Hardcore in local couch co-op on console may not be able to return to character select until both players die. This will be addressed at launch.
- Some console users may be experiencing issues getting through queues. We are actively looking to correct this issue this weekend.
- Players joining another in couch co-op will not see a displayed queue time. The game may seem unresponsive despite the player being in queue and attempting to join the session.
- There is currently an issue of imprinting Codex of Power effects on rare totems.
Blizzard has also set the expectations for players for the beta that will begin tomorrow. This weekend's beta will take place on Sunday.
We learned a lot during the Early Access Beta weekend. We intend to learn a lot more this weekend during our Open Beta, and we want to talk to you all about what you can expect from Diablo IV's development.
Once the open beta is live, we're expecting a number of server issues, and if there is any server downtime, we'll notify our readers.