Forspoken, a Square Enix action game, is now available on PC, and due to the game's graphically demanding nature, we've compiled the greatest settings for optimal performance on lower-to-mid-end system specifications.
Make sure your GPU drivers and Windows have been upgraded to their latest versions before going into detail about the best settings for Forspoken on PC. Additionally, disable or close any unnecessary background applications in order to reduce the CPU overhead as much as possible.
The Best Forspoken Settings
The following options are intended to serve as a starting point for further enhancement depending on your specific hardware requirements. As a result, you may need to modify some settings until you reach a comfortable conclusion based on your display's refresh rate and the overall performance you desire.
- Resolution: as per the native resolution of your display screen and preference
- Maximum Frame Rate: depending on your display and preference
- VSync: Off on a VRR/G-Sync supported display, On otherwise
- Screen Mode: Fullscreen
- Variable Rate Shading: Off
- Dynamic Resolution: Off
- Model Memory: High (or lower if VRAM is below 12GB)
- Texture Memory: High (or lower if VRAM is below 12GB)
QUALITY OF IMAGE
- AMD FidelityFX Super Resolution 2: Off on Nvidia GPUs that support DLSS, On and set to Balanced otherwise
- Nvidia DLSS: set to Performance on Nvidia GPUs that support DLSS, Off otherwise
- Model Detail Level: High
- Texture Filtering: High
- Reflections: High
- Motion Blur: Off
- Depth of Field: On
- Fog Quality: Standard
- Cloud Quality: High
- Shadow Quality: Medium (or High if GPU headroom is available)
- Ray Traced Shadows: Off (or On for Nvidia GPUs if performance headroom is available)
- Ambient Occlusion (AO): High
- Ray Traced Ambient Occlusion: Off (or On for Nvidia GPUs if performance headroom is available)
- Anti-Aliasing: Temporal AA
A playable demo for the PC version is also available for download. Find out more here.