DC has announced that MAD Magazine will be celebrating its 70th anniversary, and they're celebrating. The anniversary issue, issue #28, will be available at participating comic stores, Barnes & Noble bookstores, and subscribers on October 4th.
Original content for the MAD magazine will be included in the 56-page anniversary issue, which includes about half its pages of original content since the format was changed in 2019. Additionally, celebrities including "Weird Al" Yankovic and filmmaker/comedian Jordan Peele will contribute original content.
Here's a list of what's included in Mad Magazine #28, which is celebrating its 70th anniversary.
- A new wraparound cover by Mark FredricksonAn original MAD feature from “Weird Al” Yankovic celebrating longtime MAD contributor and originator of the MAD Fold-In
- Al Jaffee, with art by Ed Steckley
- A tribute to MAD Magazine from acclaimed filmmaker and comedian Jordan Peele, featuring the parody MAD cover used in his hit movie NOPE
- “The Bathroom,” a MAD movie parody of The Batman, by longtime MAD contributors Desmond Devlin and Tom Richmond
- A special two-page MAD Fold-In by Johnny Sampson that folds in on itself!
- A new “Another Look at MAD” by maestro Sergio Aragonés
- A “MAD-gical” history tour with Dick DeBartolo, MAD’s longest-contributing writerAn illustrated look at the classic MAD employee cruise to Bermuda by former MAD EIC John Ficarra and art director Sam Viviano
- And more!
The anniversary issue cannot be found anywhere, so make sure to check with your local comic shop to see if they have it. Visit www.madmagazine.com for more information, the latest stories, and how to subscribe, and be sure to follow @MADmagazine on social media.