**Warning – More spoilers for House of the Dragon**
House of the Dragon Episode 4 was an uncomfortable viewing experience for most as Daemon led his niece Rhaenyra into debauchery, and we discuss who the father of Rhaenyra's sons are in the books.
Viserys suggested a marriage between House Targaryen and Velaryon in Episode 5, and Ser Criston confessed his love for Rhaenyra in Alicent's final goodbye.
House of the Dragon, which was created by George R. R. Martin and Ryan J. Condal for HBO, will serve as a prequel to Game of Thrones starring Paddy Considine, Emma D'Arcy, Matt Smith, Olivia Cooke, and others, following the beginning of House Targaryen's conflict known as the Dance of Dragons.
- MORE: House of the Dragon’s Blood and Cheese Story Has Red Wedding Energy
Recap of House of the Dragon Episode 4
Rhaenyra is led into the night by her uncle to relieve some of the pressure.
Daemon soon follows Rhaenyra to a brothel where the pair are on the verge of a coupling before Daemon storms off.
Rhaenyra returns to her room and begins teasing Ser Criston Cole, who eventually sleeps together, left unsatisfied.
Rhaenyra's troubles soon reach the King and Queen's ears, but the Princess swears to Alicent that she never slept with Daemon, but conceals the truth about her night with Ser Criston.
Rhaenyra is given a tea, which is assumed to be a form of birth control, as the end of the film.
Who is Rhaenyra's Sons' Father?
Ser Harwin Strong, Rhaenyra's sworn shield, is the father of Rhaenyra's sons, according to George R.R. Martin's source material.
Rhaenyra's marriage to Ser Laenor was said to be a secret affair, and her children showed no sign of the Velaryon.
From Episode 5, we already know that Rhaenyra and Laenor agreed to see other people outside of their legal duties as husband and wife, and after bringing Ser Criston in episode 4, the knight refused to return to the Princess.
House of the Dragon will follow the source material and show Rhaenyra's affair with Ser Harwin, as seen in the Episode 6 teaser.
- MORE: How Many Episodes are in Andor? Full Release Schedule Confirmed
How many episodes are there in House of the Dragon?
House of the Dragon has ten episodes to air within its first season and has settled into a release schedule of airing every Sunday until the end of October.
The House of the Dragon finale will air on Sunday, October 23, 2022, following the release schedule outlined below.
Along with the episode titles, we have included the release dates of the show to mark in your calendar:
- Episode 1: The Heirs of the Dragon – Sunday, August 21, 2022
- Episode 2: The Rogue Prince – Sunday, August 28, 2022
- Episode 3: Second of His Name – Sunday, September 4, 2022
- Episode 4: King of the Narrow Sea – Sunday, September 11, 2022
- Episode 5: We Light the Way – Sunday, September 18, 2022
- Episode 6: The Princess and the Queen – Sunday, September 25, 2022
- Episode 7: Driftmark – Sunday, October 2, 2022
- Episode 8: The Lord of the Tides – Sunday, October 9, 2022
- Episode 9: The Green Council – Sunday, October 16, 2022
- Episode 10: The Black Queen – Sunday, October 23, 2022
House of the Dragon is now available on HBO Max.