With their new game, Shovel Knight Dig, Yacht Club Games and Nitrome, the company's 2D mascot, will continue the legacy of Shovel Knight.
Shovel Knight Dig is a 2D action platformer where you can dig your way downwards to find treasure and defeat Drill Knight and his goons. It's a 2D action platformer with fluid animation, scaling, rotation, and parallax. Levels are randomly generated, and music is provided by Jake Kaufman.
The PC, Nintendo Switch, and Apple Arcade versions of Shovel Knight Dig will be released on 23 September. The Xbox and PlayStation versions will be released at a later date.
- An all-new presentation featuring a new Shovel Knight story! When Drill Knight and his dastardly digging crew blast apart Shovel Knight’s peaceful campsite and steal his loot, he grabs his trusty Shovel Blade and starts tunneling after them!
- The first Shovel Knight adventure in glorious high colour pixel graphics and sound. Fluid animation, scaling, rotation, and parallax create the most convincing Shovel Knight world yet!
- Every adventure is different! Shovel Knight Dig levels have been meticulously crafted, then stitched together using proprietary generation techniques for infinite replayability.
- Jump, slash, and dig your way in an all-new direction – down! Rely on your trusty Shovel Drop, then dig through huge swaths of dirt with all-new Speed Shovel mechanics.
- Grow in power and wealth as you descend into the depths of the earth. Emerge with untold riches to outfit Shovel Knight further, unlocking permanent items and upgrades to your Shoveling equipment.
- New Knights, new characters, and new enemies abound, but fear not! Shovel Knight Dig features Shovel Knight‘s signature storytelling, humour, and maybe even some familiar faces…
- Another pulse-pounding soundtrack in a new style by astonishing virtuoso Jake Kaufman!
- The first collaboration between Yacht Club Games and Nitrome, pixel masters!