A man died from consuming raw oysters in Florida.
After consuming an oyster that was one in a billion, a guy died.
The man contracted Vibrio from an oyster he ate at Rustic Inn Crabhouse in Fort Lauderdale, Florida. According to reports in the South Florida Sun-Sentinel, the man contracted Vibrio.
Gary Oreal put it this way: there was that one in a billion that was bad. I'm sorry.
No other patron of Oreal has ever experienced such a tragic event, according to the business.
Over the previous 60 years, we have served a couple billion oysters, and nobody has ever become sicker like this guy.
Following the event, Oreal announced that the state Department of Health had examined the kitchen and was appreciated with flying colors. He issued a cautionary note about oyster consumption, but assured that many seafood eaters would continue to enjoy them.
He said that oysters are the tip of the mountain when it comes to dangerous foods to eat. I have eaten them my entire life, and will continue to do so. However, when you do it, you are putting yourself at danger.
When the shop was first opened, the guy looked to be employed there.
Roger Rocky Pinckney was found dead in a parking lot by a medical examiner in Broward County, Florida, and that he tested positive for oxycodone, opioids, and marijuana.
The death of John Pinckneys is the second incident this month in which a Floridian was fatally injured after eating raw oysters.
Rodney Jackson, the director of the Studer Community Institute's business engagement division, contracted Vibrio after eating oysters he had purchased from Marias Fresh Seafood Market, according to the Pensacola News Journal. On August 9, he passed away.
According to a New York Post story, both Jackson and the mystery man ate oysters that originated in Louisiana.
Vibriosis infections are more common at a higher temperature, according to the CDC's website. However, Vibrosis can occur at any time of the year.
According to the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC), an oyster that contains harmful bacteria does not look, smell, or taste different from any other oyster.