The NIKKOR Z 40mm f/2 Ultra Compact Prime Lens is fun, fast and affordable
Nikon announced its new 40mm f/2 lens, a compact and reliable FX-format prime lens. It delivers outstanding image quality, fast aperture, practical field of view and extraordinary bokeh for everyday image and video capture.
This new optic checks all the right boxes for a lightweight lens that can carry nearly anywhere for almost any occasion. With the new 40mm sizing, quick focus and dazzling backgrounds, you can capture with incredible sharpness and quick blurred backgrounds. The fast aperture provides excellent low light performance and excellent image quality. From a portrait to food, to 4K video, users can expect vivid colors and lifelike 3D depth.
"Many creators told us they want very small lenses with fast apertures to complement their lightweight mirrorless Z series cameras," said Jay Vannatter, Executive Vice President, Nikon Inc. "The new 40mm f/2 allows for travel, street photography or everyday use.
The 40mm f/2 is a versatile lens that can be used with any full-frame or DX-format Nikon Z series. The lens is small enough to fit perfectly into a Z 50, Z fc or Z 5, but suitable for Z 6 and Z 7II users looking for heavy, light and compact "walk-around" lens.
NIKKOR Z 40mm f/2: All-Purpose Prime with Beautiful Bokeh.
- A compact and versatile prime lens ideal for everyday use like close-ups, casual portraits and food photography.
- The bokeh combines the subject with the background with a beautiful narcotics.
- The standard focal range has a natural angle of view and is wide enough for street photography. When mounted on a DX-format camera, the lens is equivalent to 60mm, allowing the sharpening of flattering portraits.
- Ultra-compact weighs in at just 170g and only 1,8" long, making it easy to carry around for day-long trips.
- The bokeh is made of six elements in four groups with a 9-blade diaphragm, creating sexy rotshed bud.
- An electromagnetic diaphragm is used for precise aperture control and stability of exposure during continuous shooting.
- The NIKKOR Z 40mm f/2 offers a short 0.96ft (0.29m) minimum focusing distance, which is ideal for top-down photocapturing food and tablescapes.
- With a sealing that prevents dust and water droplets from entering the lens.
- The quiet operation, natural focus shift, allows for fluid changes when moving from close focusing to infinity, reduced focus breathing and smooth aperture control.
- The lens has a control ring, which can be customized and assigned to adjust focus, ISO, aperture and exposure compensation.
Pricing and availability are available and obtainable. The new NIKKOR Z 40mm f/2 compact prime lens will be available starting later this fall (US) for a suggested retail price (SRP) of 299.95*. For more information about the latest Nikon products, including this new NIKKOR Z lens and the entire Nikon Z series, please visit nikonusa.com.
Nikon Nikon Nikon Inc. is a world leader in digital imaging, precision opticals and techniques for photo and video capture. It is globally recognized for setting new standards in product design and performance for an award-winning array of equipment that enables visual storytelling Nikon Inc. distributes digital cameras, digital camera, wide range of lenses, NIKKOR and KKKKor, Speedlights, and system accessories, Nikon COOLPIX compact digital aprons and Nikon software For more information, call 800 NIKON-US or visit www.nikonusa.com, which links all levels of photographers and visual storiestellers to the most comprehensive learning and sharing communities on the web. Connect with Nikon on Facebook, Twitter, YouTube, Instagram, Vimeo and Flickr.
The manufacturer may change Specifications, equipment and release dates without notice or obligation.
*SRP (Suggested Retail Price) is listed only as a suggestion. Actual prices are set by dealers and subject to change at any time.